The knowledge programme at IBTM World promises three days of sessions on the topics that “keep meeting planners awake at night.”
The seven themes for the World Knowledge Programme 2016 will be: Industry Trends; Engagement & Experiences; Safety, Security and Risk Management; Innovation, Disruption and Technology; Sustainability and CSR, Professional & Staff Development, and Business Development and Strategy.
“We introduced the new themes and this has given us a clear structure of content that will be relevant to all those at this year’s show,” comments Graeme Barnett, Senior Exhibition Director, IBTM World. “We have always worked hard to produce relevant, on-topic themes and insightful content for the education programme and this year we decided to research our audience in far more detail to ask what they wanted to hear about, what was ‘keeping them awake at night’ and where we could help in terms of delivering really useful content. This research was then aggregated, with the result being an innovative, immersive conference programme inspired by those who will be attending IBTM World 2016.”
Programme highlights include:
- The Impact of Brexit, a very topical Industry Trends session featuring James Heappey, MP and Chair of the All-party Parliamentary Group for Events at the UK Parliament. The session will discuss and debate the possible impacts of Brexit on the global meetings industry.
- Jurriean Sleijster, President and COO of MCI discussing the latest trends in the association industry, providing an insight into developments in membership, engagement and activation, and strategies.
- Fresh Tech for your Event, Dr. James Morgan’s look at the changing landscape of event technology and the exciting new products being offered to event planners in a multi-media session that explores new logistics and production management technology for better work efficiency.
- Bo Krüger, meeting designer, speaker and writer from Moving Minds, demystifying effective work strategies and providing ideas on how and when to use creativity to think outside the box, reduce costs and become more effective.
- The insights of Pelligrino Riccardi, cross-cultural expert at Pelligrino Consulting, on how to conduct successful negotiations with different cultures and countries.
- An instructive session by Annamaria Ruffini, President and CEO, Events In & Out S.R.L. on selling incentive travel to business leaders, using incentive travel as a strategic tool to drive business goals, determining performance gaps and quantifying the programme results.
- Event industry speaker and author, Julius Solaris, will be joined by a panel of top experts within the industry to deliver the latest research results and provide an insight into what the industry will look like in 2017.