fredag 6 januari 2017 | business intelligence
PCMA Picks Top 5 Meeting Trends to Watch in 2017
The Professional Convention Management Association (PCMA) is kicking off 2017 with a look at the top meeting trends to watch in the coming year.
At PCMA Convene, the editors have picked 5 trends worth watching for the new year:
1. Robots - Starting with high-tech events, expect more robotics and other next-generation tools at events. As event organizers in Silicon Valley and elsewhere look to incorporate the latest and greatest from their respective companies into their own events, the PCMA said it is expecting that influence to seep out into events in other areas.
2. Meetings to Matter “More Than Ever” - PCMA editors say they hope that next year meetings and conferences will provide a way for more people to come together.
3. Flipped Learning — While flipped learning, which has attendees watch lectures via video and focus on hands-on learning in person, has been on the radar for some time, the PCMA said that the evolution of digital storytelling tools will offer more compelling ways to present the digital portion.
4. The Internet of Things — With IoT-enabled devices working their way into more and more consumer categories, and prices falling, taking advantage of the IoT will be easier for events than ever.
5. Craft Coffee - Event beverage trends have already brought microbrews and local spirits to the fore. Could 2017 be craft coffee’s time to shine?
Photo by radiomoscow/iStock/Getty Images Plus/Getty Images