tisdag 17 november 2009 | Sustanability
PS Communication launches standard for sustainable events
– We offer a sustainable alternative. The standard that we have developed includes all parts of the event chain, and is made visible by means of a special marking, says Ola Bringle, Agency Manager with PS Communication in Stockholm.
PS Communication’s standard is based on the environmental standard BS 8901, tailor-made for the events industry as a whole. Notably, the Olympic Games in London 2012 will be the first mega-event of its kind to fully adhere to this standard.
– We have a heightened internal level of ambition with regards to environmental issues and sustainability, to a large degree due to the dedication of our staff. We are regularly asked if we can provide eco-friendly and sustainable event solutions, our new standard is our way of proactively addressing the issue, according to Ola Bringle.
Short summary: PS Sustainable Events
• Aim: to enable the development and long-term commitment to eco-friendly solutions
• Reduce: CO2 emissions and harmful waste Enable: planning and execution of eco-friendly events, and recycling.
• Practical use: selection of venues, partners, suppliers. Procurement and logistics.
For more information about the BS 8901 standard, please visit: