Time is running fast towards Site EMEA Forum 2012, which will take place from 18th to 20th June 2012 in Berlin. Four speakers have been confirmed to date: Lode Beckers, Gerrit Heykoop, Ricardo Pérez Nuckel, Rosan Gompers.
'Summer Feeling in Berlin' is the motto of this MICE industry education and business networking event. Participants will get to know each other better while exploring trends and developments in the incentive and motivational travel sector.
The conference venue is the ICC Berlin, apart from the opening reception and the closing day panels and sessions, both scheduled at Eco Scandic Berlin Potsdamer Platz, whilst the gala dinner will take place June 19 at the historic Tempelhof Airport. The chairwoman of the event is Site Italy’s past-president Annamaria Ruffini CMP.
The Site EMEA Forum 2012 education, directed by another Site Italy’s past presidents, Miek Egberts CMP CMM, is now live online on www.sitegermany.de, and will cover three core themes:
- Keep fit: Industry leaders have to chart a sound course through changing markets and challenging times. They are called to prepare for the forthcoming evolution of the industry - forecast to be the most profound ever. They need to hone their skills and act now.
- Keep our image up: Operators must communicate to the market that they are different. How do they convince the market and society at large that what they do is a beneficial job and not just a waste of time and money on extramural leisure pursuits? The question is: how do they overcome existing misconceptions about the industry? How do they effectively show that their industry endows people with strong motivation that has positive business and social spin-offs? How do they convey that motivational and incentive travel is not an unethical option but can be a significant component of a client’s social responsibility?
- Keep on wrestling: An "Idea Wrestling"™ session, specially conceived by Annamaria Ruffini, promises to be a forge of inspiration for the future.
Everyone will have an opportunity to express – in “Speakers’ Corner” style – what they have gained from the education sessions and to share their personal and considered interpretations. Speakers confirmed to date:
- Lode Beckers, International Council member for the AMA (American Management Association), board member of the American Chamber of Commerce in Belgium and of the Board of Trustees of the Chicago-based SITE Foundation. Former senior-level risk management expert and corporate banking expert for the construction & engineering industry (1978-1986) and the agribusiness & food industry (1990-1996).
- Gerrit Heykoop, partner at How Can I Be Social (HCIBS), is an entrepreneur with a passion for technology and events. He obtained with a Master’s in Systems Engineering and Policy Analysis at the Delft University of Technology in The Netherlands, and shaped and formed as a management consultant and project manager at Boer & Croon Consultancy firm. Co- Founder of Triqle Event Intelligence, which developed the award-winning software platform “What’s On?”
- Ricardo Pérez Nuckel, consultant, mediator and trainer. He is the vicepresident of Alter Nego, a conflict management and negotiation firm. Based on research in anthropology, psychology and sociology, his practical workshop will allow reflection and working on the exchange, essence of the social bond, and will give the participants tools for the mechanisms that govern it.
- Rosan Gompers, impact driven and experienced management consultant, coach and moderator focusing on business & change results, while addressing organisational and managerial effectiveness, leadership and professional behavior. In the EMEA Forum she will give an insight in the new world of work, in the new ways of organising and in the future of organisations, of new leaders and worker challenges.