The Osaka Convention & Tourism Bureau (OCTB, President: Hiroshi Mizohata) and the Thailand Convention and Exhibition Bureau (TCEB) on December 19, 2022, signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) for the MICE industry, signifying the strengthened cooperation and collaboration between the two parties in revitalising the business events industry.
By signing the MOU, the OCTB and TCEB mark a new chapter in the strengthening cooperation between Japan and Thailand and creates a new avenue for achieving their mutual goals.
The cooperation between the OCTB and the TCEB will involve the exchanging of delegations in order to share information and experience in the field of MICE and business events, and will foster mutual support and strengthened collaboration in promoting and attracting all kinds of business events.
In signing the MOU, both parties strengthen their cooperation with the following four measures:
- Encouraging the MICE events of both parties to establish business connections with each other, as well as encouraging participation in trade shows, meetings, incentive tours, conventions, and exhibitions organised by one or both parties, for example: JATA, IT&CM Asia, etcetera.
- Exchanging information related to the business events market and product development, including market research and development.
- Co-organising opportunities for foreign agencies and media to introduce the respective business events potential of Osaka and Bangkok.
- Co-organising meetings to promote cooperation between the MICE destinations of both countries.
Also mentioned in the MOU is the strengthening of cooperation to develop MICE industry training and to foster talent, and includes the following items:
- The exchange of experts, instructors, and students from both parties’ respective MICE training institutions.
- The exchange of information on MICE training courses, curricula, and programs.
- Support for each other’s MICE training institutions.
- Providing special privileges for participating in seminars and training sessions organised by each bureau.
About the OCTB
The Osaka Convention & Tourism Bureau (OCTB) is an independent, public interest incorporated foundation established in 2013 by the Osaka Prefectural Government, the City of Osaka, and the local economic sector. Capitalising on Osaka’s vibrant history, culture, and economy, the OCTB promotes Osaka globally as a premier business, leisure, and convention destination through a wide range of initiatives.
About the TCEB
Established in 2004, the Thailand Convention & Exhibition Bureau (TCEB) is a government agency under the supervision of the Prime Minister of Thailand and has been assigned a role to promote, support and develop the business events industry, which includes corporate meetings, incentive trips, conventions, exhibitions, and large-scale events. The overarching goal of the TCEB is to drive Thailand to become a global MICE and mega events destination that can drive the country’s strategic industries and national economy.